The Vanguard School Parent Teacher Organization
The Vanguard School values each parent and legal guardian’s commitment to our school. We recognize them as key partners in helping our students reach their potential and preparing them for life. Participation in the PTO is critical, and we welcome and encourage as much interaction and participation as possible.
The PTO offers parents of Vanguard School students a chance to contribute to the school through volunteer work, special projects and activities. For all of the latest PTO information join The Vanguard School PTO Facebook Group.
The Vanguard School PTO meets on a monthly basis at the school. All parents, legal guardians, grandparents and relatives are invited to join!
2018-19 PTO Meetings
PTO Meetings: 2018-19
Location: Vanguard Elementary School Library (Brutten Library)
Please Enter Through Driveway A
- Wednesday, September 12, 7:00 pm
- Friday, October 5, 10:45 am
- Wednesday, November 7, 7:00 pm
- Wednesday, December 12, 10:45 am
- Wednesday, January 16, 7:00 pm
- Wednesday, February 6, 10:45 am
- Wednesday, March 13, 7:00 pm
- Wednesday, April 3, 10:45 am
- Wednesday, May 15, 7:00 pm
- Wednesday, June 5, 10:45 am
PTO-Hosted Half-Day Events
The PTO hosts exciting, fun-filled events every month (except January) on days students are dismissed early (12:30 pm). JOIN US! It’s a great way for students and parents to have fun and get to know each other!
Be sure to check the Vanguard Voice for reminders and registration informations.
- Friday, October 5 — Sky Zone
- Wednesday, November 7 — Arnold's Fun Center
- Wednesday, December 12 — Devon Bowling Lanes
- Wednesday, February 6 — Location to be determined
- Wednesday, March 13 — In School Performance
- Wednesday, April 10 — Grand Slam USA
- Wednesday, May 8 — Dave & Busters
- Wednesday, June 5 — 9 Oaks Swim & Tennis Club
Mary Kay Lewis
Half-Day Event Coordinator
Elementary School Parent Coordinator
Upper School Parent Coordinator
VFES Volunteer Policy
To ensure the safety of all students, VFES abides by all clearance requirements established by the Pennsylvania Department of Human Services (DHS) for adult volunteers working with children. This includes parents and legal guardians who volunteer in the school, on field trips or as a half-day activity chaperone. No adult will be eligible to volunteer in any capacity until VFES Human Resources has received the documents (dated within the last 12 months). Documents must be updated every five years.