ESY at The Vanguard School
The Vanguard School Extended School Year (ESY) program helps curb summer learning loss and keeps students actively engaged in the learning process during the summer months. The program focuses on academics, communication, social, interpersonal, daily living and vocational skills building within a supportive environment.
To establish the school as a safe and effective learning environment, we have implemented a School-Wide Positive Behavior Support program that actively encourages students to achieve their academic potential while simultaneously reinforcing their social and emotional learning skills.
The school provides programs for students with Pennsylvania Department of Special Education exceptionalities including autism, emotional disturbance, speech-language impairment, specific learning disability and other health impairment. Students who experience developmental disabilities or social-emotional or behavioral difficulties are also eligible for our program.
The program also includes enrichment activities and community trips to enhance learning and social opportunities. Each summer, a program theme such as “Back to Nature” and “Summer Sleuths” provides an engaging foundation for summer learning and fun!
- Individualized academic programs and enriching classroom experiences
- Curriculum focused on social, interpersonal, daily living and vocational skills
- Life-centered and community-based instruction focusing on daily living, employment, self-determination and interpersonal skills
- Behavior support, school counseling, nursing and psychological support services
- Low student-to-staff ratio
- Summer clubs and assemblies
- Community service projects
- Campus-based vocational training
- Daily Living Center providing a real-world setting for students to practice and master daily living skills
- Organized social, recreational and leisure activities
Dates & Info
July 5– August 3, 2023
Monday – Thursday
9:00 am–3:00 pm
610-296-6725 x128 or 105