Vocational Immersion Program
Providing Meaningful and Educational Work Experiences to Young Adults
The Vocational Immersion Program (VIP) is a four-week intensive, pre-employment program with a strong focus on work readiness, career exploration and community-based vocational experiences. Partnering with local businesses, VIP evaluates each participant's personal interests and strengths to place the young adult within a valuable work environment.
VIP is designed for young adults with exceptionalities including autism spectrum disorder, speech-language and neurological impairments, developmental disabilities, learning differences and social-emotional difficulties.
- Classroom, community and workplace instruction
- Assessment of strengths, interests and needs
- Self-advocacy training
- Workplace readiness training
- Portfolio development
- Career exploration and discovery
- Travel training
- One-week independent living residency