Upper School Media Center Renovation
During the 22-23 school year, the Upper School’s former library was extensively renovated with the goal of creating a state-of-the-art Media Center. The Media Center was designed to better prepare our students to become resilient learners and confident technology users.
The Media Center is a welcoming space supporting the development of language arts, reading, and 21st-century media skills through a highly-curated book collection and state-of-the-art technology. Student-led activities such as weekly news video production encourage innovative, collaborative thinking and extend the Media Center’s impact across campus. Investments in 3 SMART Boards and 30 laptops accelerate learning and strengthen our students’ technological abilities.
The Media Center design includes 4 unique zones:
- Entry collaboration zone with soft seating and book collection
- Gaming zone for use by students, enrichment classes, and clubs
- Media zone with computer teaching area and a dedicated green screen for video production
- Library zone teaching and lounge areas with additional book collection)
In April, our students and staff were thrilled to explore the official opening of the Media Center with a ribbon cutting event hosted by our librarian Cynthia Feimster. In addition, an Open House was held on Community Day so families and students could experience the new space.)
The new Media Center will play a pivotal role in years to come by helping our students maximize their full potential in an ever more technological world.
Media Center Renovation Video
Thanks to Our Generous Donors
We’d like to thank our architectural partner, Heckendorn Shiles Architects, and construction partner, Target Corporation, for their significant contributions and counsel. This project was accomplished with the support of many generous donors including:
- American Rescue Plan Act of 2021
- Elementary and Secondary School Emergency Relief Fund
- Louise Reed
- The Evans Family
- Hamilton Family Charitable Trust
- Caroline J.S. Sanders Trust 1
- Educational & Behavioral Health Services
- Innovating Worthy Projects Foundation
- The Varley Family