Phone: 6102966700 ext. 270
Degrees and Certifications:
Bachelor of Science in Nursing, Gwynedd Mercy University School Nurse Certification, Slippery Rock University And currently pursuing my School Health Services, M.Ed. through Eastern University
Mrs. Paige Tursi, RN, BSN, CSN
Welcome to Nurse Paige's Health Office! Here at The Vanguard School, my goal is to keep you happy, healthy and ready to learn!
I began my nursing career in 2012 and have worked in a long-term care facility, multiple hospitals, and one school district. I have had the pleasure of being Vanguard's Certified School Nurse since August 2018. I enjoy my role very much and look forward to many more healthy years to come! When I am not at school, I enjoy reading, sewing, crafting, taking my dog for walks, and spending time with my family.
What Does a School Nurse Do?
- Provides health services that increase school attendance
- Helps prevent and control the spread of communicable diseases
- Administers specialized care and treatment to students
- Monitors student immunization compliance with state mandates
- Screens for hearing and vision deficits, as well as healthy growth trends
- Provides professional input for health policies and programs
- Educates students, staff, and the community on health and wellness
- Advocates for school safety and emergency preparedness