Pre-K/K and K/1 Programs
Our Pre-K/K and K/1 classrooms embrace the concept that each child learns differently. Our comprehensive programs recognize each child’s abilities while supporting his or her academic and therapeutic needs. Theaching methods are grounded in child development principles set forth by the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC). The programs are aligned with Pennsylvania Core Standards. Staff employ a strengths-based approach, recognizing and teaching to the specific abilities and needs of each child.
- Focuses on developing the core areas of literacy and numeracy
- Supports academic readiness, socialization with peers, self-care and communication goals
- Taught by certified special education teachers with collaboration from a team of licensed speech-language pathologists and occupational therapists
- Designed for students with a Pennsylvania Department of Special Education exceptionality of developmental disability, autism, intellectual disability, speech-language disorder, emotional disturbance and/or other health impairment (OHI).
- Students regularly attend physical education, health, music, art, library, guidance and computer class, social skills development, science, social studies and outdoor learning.
The Pre-K/K and K/1 programs are designed for students, 4–6 years of age with a Pennsylvania Department of Special Education exceptionality of autism, intellectual disability, speech-language disorder, emotional disturbance and/or other health impairment (OHI). Students at The Vanguard School also may experience developmental disabilities, learning differences or social-emotional or behavioral difficulties. Admissions is considered on a rolling basis. Enrollment includes a screening process and acceptance is determined by our admissions team.
Students may receive related services in speech-language, physical or occupational therapies, reading and counseling.
Please complete an inquiry form to get started. For more information, please contact our admissions team at 610.296.6725 x128.